Monthly Memory Verse:
May & June: “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." ~ Psalm 23
A NOTE FROM THE PASTOR:
As we continue through this busy stretch of the year here are a few things to know, to think about, and to pray about:
1) Community Dinner: This Friday is our monthly Community Dinner and this month is our church’s turn to help serve. As of today we could still use a few people to help out from 5:40pm until about 7:00pm this Friday. If you’re able to help please let me know by replying to this email or calling the church office.
2) Camp Scholarship Offering: This Sunday we’ll be collecting our 3rd Sunday Offering and it will go toward camp scholarships. At Faith Church we believe strongly in the ministry of Christian summer camps, primarily because we’ve seen the fruits of those ministries in the lives of our students. As in prior years we’d like to offer substantial scholarships to our students and our primary funding source will be this offering. Our goal would be to meet or exceed last year’s collection of $1,000. Please consider contributing to this valuable aspect of our ministry to our students. If you can’t be here this Sunday you can bring it next week or mail it – just make sure it’s designated “Camp Scholarships”.
3) Child Dedication: It’s a privilege for us as a church family this Sunday to be able to witness and support Dennis and Nicole Hughes as they dedicate their daughter Novella. A child dedication is a wonderful testimony to the goodness of the Lord and a great opportunity to recommit ourselves to the task of equipping and encouraging parents to raise godly children. Plan to stick around for a few minutes after the service this Sunday for coffee and cake and a chance to greet the Hughes family.
4) Potential Missions Trip: Many of you may already know about the ministry of Missionary Air Group or you may recall its founder, Rev. Sean Donnelly, coming a couple of years ago to share with us about their ministry. In the month of June we’ll be using our monthly mission offering to support their ministry once again. In the mean time we’d like to see if there would be any interest among any in our church family for a potential missions trip to Rus Rus, Honduras sometime later in the year. Rev. Donnelly is in the very early stages of putting together such a trip so we do not have any details regarding dates or cost, only some interest among some from our sister churches. Would you ever consider being a team member for a missions trip to Rus Rus, Honduras? If so, please let me know. There is no need to make any kind of a commitment at this point, but if you think you would have interest please speak to me soon.
5) Pray for our Students: I wanted to draw your attention to a couple of things that have taken place in our youth group over the past couple weeks. Last Saturday there were about 20 girls and leaders who gathered together for a “Girls Afternoon” – a time with a special speaker in which the girls were challenged to consider their identity in Christ. In addition, most of our girls have been setup with mentors in our church – adult women who are available to encourage them, pray for them, and just spend time with them. These are both exciting things happening in the life of our church that you may not have even known about! But we would like to encourage you to pray for all of our students. Not only is this a busy time of year for students as the school year winds down, but our students are faced with many challenges in various ways that directly confront their faith and the truth of the gospel. They are a very important part of our family that we certainly don’t want to overlook. As the Lord brings them to your mind would you take some time to pray for the young people of our church?
Thank you for being a part of the Faith Church family!
THIS WEEK AT FAITH:
PRAYER MEETING: Tonight at 7pm
Each week we meet together for a time of prayer on Wednesday nights at 7:00pm in the prayer room. This is an informal time of prayer for the needs of our church along with a brief devotional thought from Scripture. All are welcome!
EXTREME FAITH YOUTH GROUP:
Youth Group will meet at the regular time of 4:30pm this week. Please bring your Bibles.
Camper Scholarship Form Due: May 26
Youth Sunday: June 9th
PENNY CRUSADE RESULTS:
Our annual collection for the missions efforts of our denomination - called "Penny Crusade" - has officially come to an end. As we announced last Sunday we are proud to report that we have met our goal by collecting a total of $5,067.81! This is a tremendous accomplishment and we're trusting that the Lord will bless these funds and cause them to bear much fruit for the Kingdom. Also, as for our competition, Team A-K came in on top by collecting $3,175.53, which far surpassed Team L-Z, which raised $1,864.46. At our Youth Sunday Picnic in June Team L-Z will be charged with the task of preparing dessert for the rest of the church family. Thank you one and all for your contributions!
Our twice-monthly outreach opportunity, Christianity Explored (a 7-week DVD study), will continue next Friday, May 24 and will occur one more time after that before it concludes ( 6/7). Please continue to pray for Christianity Explored and for the participants - that God will use this opportunity to reveal the truth about who Jesus is, what he has done, and what it means to be his followers, and pray that through this time together he will be glorified in every way. In addition to praying, if you're interested in helping out with one of the lunches for our sessions please speak to Pastor Andy.
COMMUNITY DINNER VOLUNTEERS: May 17
Our monthly 3rd Friday Community Dinner is often served with the help of volunteers from various community organizations. This month it's our turn! We as a church have the opportunity to join Debbie Houghton and Leigh Waaramaa and help serve (and clean up afterwards) the May Community Dinner. We'll still need 2-3 volunteers who would be willing to help from roughly 5:40-7:00 on Friday, May 17. If you're interested in helping out please speak to Pastor Andy. Of course, the Community Dinner is always open to people in our church if you'd like to take advantage of the opportunity to get to know some of the people who come.
FOOD PANTRY NEED:
As we approach the summer months there will be growing needs on our food pantry shelves. For right now there is a desperate need for canned fruit (peaches and fruit cocktail - the 16 oz. size). If you are able to help out in this way please leave any donations downstairs in the Fellowship Hall.
CAMP SCHOLARSHIP FORMS:
Once again camp scholarships will be made available for children and teens, connected with our church, who are attending a Christian summer camp. The awarded amount for the scholarship depends on available fund and the number of applicants. Campers or parents can pick up a camper information form at the back of the sanctuary or speak with Pastor Joshua. Forms are due back by the last Sunday in May (May 26) for review by the Christian Ed Committee. Also, on Sunday, May 19 we'll be collecting our annual camp scholarship offering.
SAVE THE DATE:
Youth Group Girls' Event: Saturday, May 11
Baby Dedication: Sunday, May 19
Camp Scholarship Form Due: May 26
Youth Sunday & Picnic: June 9
Sports and Music Camp: June 23-28
Did you know that our Region of churches has a monthly e-newsletter? You can add your email to their mailing list and receive the monthly updates by clicking here.
Do you get the Weekly Update from Advent Christian General Conference? It's a great way to stay on top of what's going on in our denomination, including reading about what's happening in our churches and mission fields around the world. If you'd like to read the Weekly Update, click here. If you'd like to sign up to receive their update directly, click here.
Interested in a copy of the message from Sunday? Email the church office at email@example.com and we will see that you get a copy. Past sermons are available at www.faithchurchac.org/sermons.